Jay D’s Triple Threat Pulled PorkPrep time: 30 minutes marinate: overnight - Cook time: 1 hour per lb or until internal temperature is 190 F. - Serves: 4-6
Jay D’s Louisiana Molasses Mustard won a 2016 Southern Living Food Award. Winning this award within the first year of releasing the product has been an extreme honor! Fellow chef Aimee Tortorich stated, “I love many things in life, but barbecue, pork will always put a smile on my face. The mustard created a lovely sweetness and allowed the rub to stick to the pork, while the sugars caramelized on the outside. It was a nice balance of spicy and sweet that would work well for many dishes.”
- 1 bone-in pork shoulder (about 8 lbs)
- Apple wood chips
- 1 cup Jay D’s Spicy & Sweet BBQ Rub, JayDucote.com
- 1 cup Jay D’s Louisiana Molasses Mustard, JayDucote.com
- 4 tbs kosher salt
- 2 cups Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce, JayDucote.com
- Dry pork very well with paper towels and coat with 1 cup of molasses mustard. This will create a paste that the rub will stick to. Mix rub and salt together and apply liberally to all sides of the pork shoulder.
- Let sit uncovered in refrigerator overnight.
- Soak apple wood chips in water and heat smoker to 225 F. Place wood chips in smoker and place pork shoulder fat side up in the smoker and smoke for about one hour per pound or until internal temperature reaches 190 F.
- Take the pork out of the smoker and let cool slightly.
- Pull pork apart with gloves or tongs and toss with Jay D’s Louisiana Barbecue Sauce.